Dr. Stephanie Pleiman talks about detoxification in Interactive Health Clinic’s latest video.
Why is detoxification important?
Our bodies are exposed to toxins in the air we breathe, the food we eat and the things we come in contact with in our environment. Our liver, kidneys, skin and digestive system organs help our bodies process both internal and external toxins to help keep us healthy.
What are common health problems associated with environmental toxicity?
The most common health problems associated with environmental toxicity are headache, fatigue, and digestive and respiratory system issues. If you have an occupation or work in an environment where you are exposed to strong chemicals, solvents or mold that you come into contact with through your skin or by breathing it in then one of the most important things you can do is make sure you are wearing protective clothing and gear to prevent health problems in the future.
Detoxification – 5 Tips
What can I do to support my body’s own detoxification on my own?
Top five things you can do to support detoxification
- Water – make sure you are getting enough water to flush toxins out of your body
- Movement/Exercise – promote better blood flow and circulation through your system
- Avoid Exposure – wear protective gear and limit exposure to toxins whenever possible
- Support – good nutrition, supplements like B-12 and botanical medicines like milk thistle and burdock root support detoxification organs
- Sleep – getting enough rest and sleep promotes healing and optimal organ function