Its October and the holidays are around the corner. This also means you may be eating a lot more sweets and desserts.
Doctor Easter Ho shares these 5 tips to prevent dental caries, or cavities – just remember the word SUGAR.
5 Tips To Prevent Cavities
- S for see your dentist yearly to screen for dental caries.
- U for upgrade your diet and eat the rainbow. Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants important to support bone health and oral immunity.
- G for good flora. Good flora is abundant in our mouth and a crucial part of oral immunity.
- A for vitamins ADEK. These fat soluble vitamins help strengthen bone.
- R for remove germs. Floss, floss, floss everyday to make sure you clean out the germs and leftover food in between your teeth.
When you consume SUGAR, think of these five ways to reduce your chances of getting a new cavity.
Book a consultation with Dr. Easter Ho to discuss any other health concerns and find out how her simple, outcome based and personalized approach to medicine can help you.