Coronavirus is getting a lot of media hype these days. You have probably heard about it in the media a lot lately, and like many people may be getting a bit scared. This virus has been known about for more than a decade, while this is the first major outbreak of the virus that we have seen where it has passed from person to person.
Is the Coronavirus something to fear?
To give you perspective, the common flu kills about 6,000 people in the United States alone. 300,000 people in the United States die from doctors’ errors: complications from surgery or incorrectly prescribed medicine. So try to keep things in perspective when looking at the numbers of the Wuhan virus. While you should definitely seek treatment if you feel you are getting sick, the risk posed by the coronavirus is not significantly higher than the common seasonal flu we experience this time of the year.
How to prevent the Coronavirus
The coronavirus passes in a similar way to the typical flu, so the same things you would do to prevent the flu will work on the coronavirus.
- Stay away from busy public places during flu season.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Cover your mouth when sneezing.
- Do anything else you would do to keep the cold and flu off of you.
How to treat the the Coronavirus
There are a number of things that we have found that will help boost your immune system and treat the flu, and this virus specifically.
- Elderberry syrup seems to be effective with this specific virus, and tends to work better in the early stages of the coronavirus. So if you are taking it regularly during the flu season already it will help.
- Colostrum is another thing that we are seeing help people protect against the flu, and for this one as well. Colostrum is derived from dairy though, so this may not be an option for some people.
Most of the deaths we have seen from the coronavirus has been with the elderly and the immune compromised, which is similar to what we see in typical flu cases. If you do come down with a serious case of the flu, or the coronavirus, it is important that you do seek treatment.
One of the treatments that we provide is IV vitamin C and ozone treatment. And both of these will help prevent the flu and boost your immune system during this time of year. If you are interested in these kinds of treatments to help stop yourself from getting the flu you can call us to book a consultation, come in for both acute and chronic conditions.